I told myself, why not apply for a US Visa this time?
Why US? I thought it would be nice to finally see all those places I see in the movies.
Now, here are the steps in getting a US Visa for you and your toddler.
- Grab your passports, sign the DS-160 form online and be sure to read all the information found on their website first.
Tip: Finish the online filing in one sitting to avoid repeating this step multiple times, because I just couldn’t log back in when I tried retrieving my DS-160 form to continue the online form. Somehow the password and security questions weren’t working.
- Before you complete the online filing of the DS-160 form, you will be asked to upload your 2×2 photo in their portal. You can check the guidelines here.
- Create another DS-160 form for your child and submit your child’s 2×2 photo on the online form.
- Keep the confirmation numbers found on the DS-160 forms. You and your child should have a separate confirmation number. You will be needing them to register an account at https://cgifederal.secure.force.com This website will guide you on the payment and interview schedules. There’s no need to open another registration for your child, if s/he is still a minor. You will just have to indicate that you are traveling with him/ her during registration.
- For payments, you can either pay online or go directly to a BPI branch. I did the latter because I couldn’t find my bank in Bancnet and I don’t own a BPI account. Bring the MRV forms with a deposit slip number, photocopies of your passports and US Visa fee payment.
Tip: All details for the payment are on the https://cgifederal.secure.force.com so read them carefully. The MRV form that matches your Visa Type is also available there.
- Register your payment receipts on your https://cgifederal.secure.force.com account. I registered mine 5 hours after payment because it took 3 to 5 hours before it appeared in their system. Tip: At this stage of your US Visa Application, you should have a print out of your DS-160 forms, photocopy of your passports, 2×2 photos, and your deposit slips. Keep them safe.
- Schedule your interview on your https://cgifederal.secure.force.com account and safe keep all the documents for the interview.
Before the US Visa Application Interview
On the day of the interview
Take the attention away from you and direct it towards your cute kid. Trust them!